Help

frugal farmer

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 16, 2014
North central Indiana
I got 15 meat birds at big are. Put them in a horse water tank put hay and insulation around it. 2 heat lamps and the temp in there directly under the light is 102. Where they get their feed and water is around 95 and they can go clear to the other end of the tank where it is Prob 80. I got them last night. Lost one this morning checked them again just now had another one die and am watching one. What am I doing wrong. I "cracked" the top open on the far end and and monitoring the temp in the tank. I have read that it needs to be between 90-95 for the little guys. I am feeding a good feed and a water with an electrolyte in it to help with the stress. They have done great with the water and aren't huddled up tg under the light

A week at the oldest. And it's 102 at the hottest point the lights are both at the same end I figured they would move down towards the food and water if they got super warm and they stayed under the light. I opened up the end opposite of the lights to bring the temp down. They are out n the barn and it's 12 degrees td here

Back
Top Bottom