1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. BuffaloGamer274

BuffaloGamer274 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2015
    Elk River
    I don't have a pic because I haven't had time but, my hen has a swollen foot there's just one bump right in the middle of her foot and there's no black dot or scab. Is it bumble foot?

2. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Is this a duck? When my duck had sore feet w/a small bump I put her in a large tote of warm water w/Epson salt for 10-15 mins, 1 time a day for 3 days. The water was only 3-4" deep. She loved it, played and she was all better. Our property has a lot of rocks & (when this occurred) dried sharp weeds. Hope this helps

3. BuffaloGamer274

Apr 2, 2015
    Elk River
    Thanks for the idea! My hen is a rode island [email protected]

4. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    YW, keep us updated on ur hen!

5. BuffaloGamer274

Apr 2, 2015
    Elk River
    [​IMG]. I found the scabe/hole. Should I bring her to the vet

6. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    I don't know? Can u squeeze pus out of it? Did u soak it? U can use an antibiotic in her food & on t/wound. I don't see any redness in t/surrounding area. Does she walk on it? Is her leg swollen up from t/wound?
    I don't know why no one else is responding to ur post.
    If u want more responses, I would suggest to re-post ur message & title it w/something like "chicken foot injury, I need a Moderator to help me!
    Maybe more people will answer w/some help.
    I know chickens don't like water too much, maybe (if u have another person to help) u could get a bucket of very warm water w/Epson salt, a rag & keep dunking the rag in the hot water mix & wrap her foot until it cools & keep repeating for 10 mins. Do this for a couple of days to see if u draw any puss out & also to soften the scab so it can drain, if there is anything to drain? If she is healthy, her body will help fight any infection & an antibiotic will too.
    I'm not a vet, but I have helped my own animals thru the yrs.
    Keep us posted! Don't panic! :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by