1. kitten

kitten New Egg

Oct 5, 2008
    I have one hen out of 15 that is losing her tail feathers what should I do?????????????

2. LittleYellowOne

LittleYellowOne Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure, but I'm just letting you know that someone read your post and is offering a free bump~

Any other symptoms, and pictures if possible are always helpful to the chicken-doctors here.

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    How old she is. She may be molting. If so she will be fine and the feathers will grow back in.
    Chris

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Either molting or one of the others is pulling out her feathers.

I had two mom's "sharing" 7 babies - they each hatched their own, but the one mom would pull out the others tail feathers when she got mad [​IMG]

My bantams also went through a little molt, and first thing to go were the tails - but they grew back pretty fast.

5. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    Hi ~
    any other symptoms would be good to list. I know that above the tail is a very common site for pullets to peck each other...I wouldn't be surprised if the girls are pulling her tail feathers out. Good luk, hope she's ok [​IMG]

6. kitten

kitten New Egg

Oct 5, 2008
    Thank you all for your help . I think she is molt becouse shes fine but no tail God bless you all and thanks again.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by