helpful book?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by pek, Dec 23, 2011.

1. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    has anyone hear of, used or read this book; The Parrotlet Handbook by Matthew M. Vriends?

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Never heard of it [​IMG]

3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Yes, own it. It's a good general reference - I liked the whole 'disease/symptom' section. The other sections are pretty typical of Barron's guides - habitat in wildlife, habitat needs in a home, training tips, care and feeding tips, emergencies/diseases section......

It covered enough for my 12yo to get a good understanding about this species. Since our parrotlet is technically his, he had to read it prior to getting bird.

Need more details? Post a message to me and I'll try to help.

4. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Life is Good! :

Yes, own it. It's a good general reference - I liked the whole 'disease/symptom' section. The other sections are pretty typical of Barron's guides - habitat in wildlife, habitat needs in a home, training tips, care and feeding tips, emergencies/diseases section......

It covered enough for my 12yo to get a good understanding about this species. Since our parrotlet is technically his, he had to read it prior to getting bird.

Need more details? Post a message to me and I'll try to help.

thanks! im getting from the library, now i have my bird i wish i had done more research, but better late than never!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by