Helpful poultry/farming books and magazines you have read.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bluehillfarm, Feb 19, 2012.

1. bluehillfarm

bluehillfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    Middle TN
    Have you ever read a really helpful book or magazine about chickens/poultry/farming and just wanted to tell more people about it? Well, Here's your chance. Post pics of the book, or links for where to buy the book, what you thought about the book, and how it helped you. Suggest helpful books and magazines to other people. Have fun [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. bluehillfarm

Feb 12, 2012
    Middle TN
    Raising Chickens For Dummies is a wonderful book I have read it and it gives you an idea of what to expect
    when you go to buy your chicks and also gives you idea on how much space you will need to keep the amount of chickens you want...overall it is a wonderful book to get and I would say well worth your money.
    another similar book that is well worth your money would be Building Chicken Coops For Dummies.
    it has all the important info you will need to know before building a coop or even before buying chicks.

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Raising-Chickens-Dummies/Kimberly-Willis/Q6239204?id=5296178661214

http://www.dummies.com/store/product/Building-Chicken-Coops-For-Dummies.productCd-0470598964.html

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  3. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Awesome idea... I'll get my favorites togather, and post thim tomarrow for you. [​IMG]

4. bluehillfarm

Feb 12, 2012
    Middle TN
    Ok that will be wonderful :)

5. bluehillfarm

Feb 12, 2012
    Middle TN
  6. floridapoultry

floridapoultry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    I would agree these are good choices as one starts out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by