Helping chick

Jesse7583

Chirping
Oct 5, 2018
Ok so I hatched ten chicks on day 23 and it is day 26 and my last egg hasn’t hatched yet I piped it a little to see what was going on and it is alive and still has quite a few veins I know people say not to help but I have before and those chick turned out perfect so should I help this one or what should I do

Pictures would help. What's the breed? Did you have any issues during incubation? Did any of the other chicks have problems when hatching?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better idea of the situation so I can help.

Pictures would help. What's the breed? Did you have any issues during incubation? Did any of the other chicks have problems when hatching?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better idea of the situation so I can help.
It’s ok I can get a pic there is a little blood from when I pip it I was incubating in my old incubator that is terrible there was a lot of problems with incubation but not with the others hatching I have no idea what breed it is I have a mixed flock

I forgot to mention that I got a new incubator and they hatched in my new one but until day 16-17 they were in my old one

Also I accidentally piped a little to big of a hole

Attachments

• 3F1E66FD-EB53-4FB2-8984-3A406237208D.jpeg
    3F1E66FD-EB53-4FB2-8984-3A406237208D.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 9
I forgot to mention that I got a new incubator and they hatched in my new one but until day 16-17 they were in my old one

Also I accidentally piped a little to big of a hole
Could you put some coconut oil, or vasaline on the inner membrane and take another picture, i cant see the veins. (Water will do if you've got nothing else.)

No it hasn’t pipped the membrane the bleeding was just before I posted so about 30 min ago
ok, it's likely not ready to hatch just yet, but it's working on it. make a small breathing hole in the inner membrane where there are no veins. What kind of tools do you have? A set of flat headed tweezers not rounded ones could work, or a sewing needle.

Back
Top Bottom