HELPP! bumble FEET!

VeryHappyHens

Songster
Jan 17, 2021
Hi my hen autum has bumble feet. Does anyone know a non surgical way to remove it? How do I remove it here are some pics!!!

Attachments

• D74D2ACA-7213-446D-B671-E30A19D0C50A.jpeg
    D74D2ACA-7213-446D-B671-E30A19D0C50A.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 22
  • C407D1C5-6612-4E53-9C1F-9BCE81409701.jpeg
    C407D1C5-6612-4E53-9C1F-9BCE81409701.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have heard that Tricide-Neo can get rid of bumblefoot non surgically. I have used Tricide-Neo and it worked really well, though I did not use it without removing the scab. However, when I removed my chickens' scabs I did not cut into their feet with a scalpel. Instead, I took some tweezers and pulled the scab up after soaking their feet in epsome salts. Then I did my best to remove the stringy puss. It is invasive, but I wouldn't say it's the full on surgical way.

Here is the link to Tricide-Neo:
https://www.koiacres.com/featured/tricide-neo.html

I hope this helps give you a couple options to go with instead of cutting into her feet.

Hi my hen autism has bumble feet. Does anyone know a non surgical way to remove it? How do I remove it here are some pics!!!
You could try some epsom salt soaks. Bumblefoot is horrible to get rid of. I tried everything on mine and eventually the vet had to just cut it open and pop that kernel out. We tried epsom, betadine and even medicine but even that wouldn’t heal it and she had this big huge bump in between her foot while the black plug was on the bottom. It’s been almost a year and it stills pops solid pieces of pus out from when she had it.

I have heard that Tricide-Neo can get rid of bumblefoot non surgically. I have used Tricide-Neo and it worked really well, though I did not use it without removing the scab. However, when I removed my chickens' scabs I did not cut into their feet with a scalpel. Instead, I took some tweezers and pulled the scab up after soaking their feet in epsome salts. Then I did my best to remove the stringy puss. It is invasive, but I wouldn't say it's the full on surgical way.

Here is the link to Tricide-Neo:
https://www.koiacres.com/featured/tricide-neo.html

I hope this helps give you a couple options to go with instead of cutting into her feet.
I did some thing like that with my other hen. She had this huge plug so I took what I think was a nail cuticle thing and dug out the puss and plug after putting it in epsom salt soak to soften it and put some of that chicken vetericyn on it to sanitize it, haven’t had a problem with bumblefoot with her again.

I did some thing like that with my other hen. She had this huge plug so I took what I think was a nail cuticle thing and dug out the puss and plug after putting it in epsom salt soak to soften it and put some of that chicken vetericyn on it to sanitize it, haven’t had a problem with bumblefoot with her again.
.Is this bumble foot on her toe or is it only on the under feet. Do you know we’re I can find betatdine.

Attachments

• 060D7F9B-0A82-48E3-8189-FA0D2387F158.jpeg
    060D7F9B-0A82-48E3-8189-FA0D2387F158.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 10
.Is this bumble foot on her toe or is it only on the under feet. Do you know we’re I can find betatdine.
The vet gave me some but I found betadine at cvs or Walgreens it’s pretty easy to find and it’s this really dark orangish color and I found it on a box. It kinda looks like it might be in the top a little. Mine had never done that so I am not completely sure. It’s been happening to me a lot because their ground gets really muddy and bad, one of my ducks has it right now. That’s what the vet gave me for banana.
BE1608EE-478B-4A14-9B3B-0127B5536174.jpeg

The vet gave me some but I found betadine at cvs or Walgreens it’s pretty easy to find and it’s this really dark orangish color and I found it on a box. It kinda looks like it might be in the top a little. Mine had never done that so I am not completely sure. It’s been happening to me a lot because their ground gets really muddy and bad, one of my ducks has it right now. That’s what the vet gave me for banana. View attachment 2630737
Mine didn’t have it in the toe but she had it hugely i between the toe. It was red, and swollen and Banana was limping on it. The first vet I took her to tried to get rid of it without cutting her open and used a hole punch thing but that didn’t work. We took her to a different vet and that one have us medicine and pain relief but didn’t want to cut her open without anesthesia but I read that they can die doing that, so it wouldn’t happen. Eventually the vet got sick of trying to get rid of it that way because it wasn’t working. Taking a scalpel and cutting it open without anesthesia , the pus popped right out and she did finally get rid of it. I watched a video on YouTube of people just cutting it right open without using any medication or stuff like that

Back
Top Bottom