HELPPPPP New dove ower.

fishnet1971

'Birds Momma
13 Years
May 25, 2010
'Bird 'n the Fluffy Butts coop in Ohio
i acquired three beautiful friendly doves last Saturday at the Ohio National Show. I named them Ginger, Marshmallow, and nutmeg. what kind are they? they are small. THought maybe ringnecks? but there's no ring around their necks. I was told they are three months old. Any advise????

58585_dove2.jpg

58585_dove1.jpg

What really stinks is that my husband seems to be allergic to them. Any one need some doves????????

They are ringneck doves, yes. There are several different colorations they come in, and yours is one of them (Tangerine Pearled). 2-3 months looks about right, with the one on the right (in the first pic) being the oldest.

So are you keeping them, or are you getting rid of them due to allergies? You can always keep them as outdoor pets so he doesn't have to breathe in the dust all the time.

Sadly enough many people are sensitive to the feather dander that pigeons and doves release. The problem can become serious; therefore, if your husband is allergic a new home or outdoor quarters is called for. Sorry.
hide.gif

I am always willing to travel a little bit to get them a good home. What better excuse for a road trip!!!!!!
smile.png
I just love them already. Two day and they are so calm and finger trained. They are so fun to watch. little piggys too! Unfortunatly, i do not think that I could keep them outside, the weather here in Ohio gets pretty nasty. My chicken coop is a large shed 10 X12 and i dont think it would be warm enough in the winter too. Yes, I am going to need to find them a home, but they are in no danger right at the moment. I have them in their comfy large cage in an upstairs bedroom with plenty of sunshine, light and view of the outdoors. I am spending a lot of time with them too. I just adore them. Nutmeg, Marshmello, and Ginger.

I don't know, a lot of people up north keep doves. All they need is perches wide enough so that they don't have to curl their toes around it (so they can sit on their toes and warm them), and if it gets really cold, a little heat lamp. Ours are all outdoors but I'm sure it is worse there than here in NC. It gets into the single digits sometimes. Mine don't need heat lamps though. Usually if they can get out of direct drafts and have enough protien, they are okay.

Back
Top Bottom