HELPPPPPPP

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckMadness, Mar 19, 2017.

1. DuckMadness

DuckMadness Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2017
    So I've been researching my butt off trying to find blueprints to a duck house. Or at least a DIY guide to build on. I can't though. My ducks are about a month old now and have started to feather out. They've jumped out of the brooder box I have them in my house so I think it's time to put them outside with heat lamps. It's also starting to get warmer. Anyone have any old blueprints or maybe trying to sell a duck house. Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Make it like a dog house. Put a light in it and they will go there at night. Good luck

3. madelines hens

madelines hens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    this is my friends old blueprints but i don't know if it would help you.

4. madelines hens

Mar 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

5. DuckMadness

Feb 26, 2017
    I appreciate it but I can't read these hahaha.

6. madelines hens

Mar 13, 2017
    thats ok sorry and i can't read them either my friend sent them to me from her coop

7. DuckMadness

Feb 26, 2017
    Haha I very much appreciate the kindness though. You wouldn't know as to where I could buy one for a decent price do you? They are just getting too big and starting to stink a bit cause they are so enclosed at this point.

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Depending on what part of the world you are in, and the weather, you can find a dog house or small shed that works well.

They need to be warm enough, safe (no openings larger than half an inch), with good ventilation. I like something that can accommodate deep bedding to keep them warm. We eventually made a little duck shelter in our walkout basement, but most people do not have that option.

9. hilltopchicks77

hilltopchicks77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2016
    My husband built ours but he just made it the size of a large dog

10. DuckMadness

Feb 26, 2017
    I was thinking of putting them in my garage but it's too cold. I can't put them in my basement cause my sister has cats who are obsessed with them. Idk what to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by