Helppppppp

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Witneyduck, May 24, 2019.

1. Witneyduck

Witneyduck In the Brooder

May 5, 2019
    Day 20 of incubating duck eggs and everything seems to be fine when candling in the fat side of the egg, the other side is showing white only ???
    3 pictures below from same egg , first and last one from the fat side , the one in the middle from the other side ??

Attached Files:

2. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    @Pyxis? I don't think I've seen this before.

3. Witneyduck

May 5, 2019
    Thanks , not sure what's going on ,, everything seems to be ok apart from this ??

4. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Hmm, I haven't really seen any like that either. Are you positive it's on day twenty? Have they been hand turned or in an autoturner?

sylviethecochin likes this.
  5. Witneyduck

May 5, 2019
    Hand turned 3 or 4 times a day , on top of that incubator will turn them as well ,put them in 4th so day 20 today , or 19 for some depends how you count it .. It looks like they are growing only on the half of the egg , no idea what that white part is ???

6. BirdsBeesTrees

BirdsBeesTrees Crowing

Mar 10, 2019
    Iowa
    Were these shipped eggs? Do you see any movement? That's what my eggs looked like when they were quitters... :hmm

7. Witneyduck

May 5, 2019
    yes they were shipped but everything was going well until last week when I noticed that , many times I candled them and they looked ok, plenty of movements still today on day 21 .

BirdsBeesTrees likes this.
  8. Witneyduck

May 5, 2019
    eggs were send not far from here were delivered within 24 hours

9. Mysticalsys

Mysticalsys In the Brooder

Sep 1, 2017
    I had eggs from my ducks that I hatched and 2 of them had some clear area in it like that on day 20 and they hatched. Keep a close eye on it for changes

10. BirdsBeesTrees

BirdsBeesTrees Crowing

Mar 10, 2019
    Iowa
    At day 20 they should fill up most of the egg for a duck egg and ready to hatch in a week. Can you check your temperature of your incubator with 2 other thermometers because I think it is too low? Like 5 degrees too low. Something is just not right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: