1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hen 7 months old and no eggs!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jason180sx, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    hi
    i got a bantam cochin hen 3 months ago she was 16 weeks old when i got her and she didn't lay a egg yet i know because i have two other bantam cochin hen in the same coop and they wanted to go broody at the same time and there was no eggs layed
    she is smaller then the other hens
    thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure of your question. [​IMG]

3. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    edited

4. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    If you are concerned that your pullet isn't laying, you have to consider the time of year. All of mine have pretty much stopped laying for the year. When the days get shorter, they will stop laying. And sometimes if they hadn't started before the short days kicked in, they won't lay until sometime this winter. There is the rare chance there is something else going on with her, but that has been my experience. I have had some that were 8 months old before getting an egg and others 4 months. It depends on the chicken as an individual and weather and daylight and stress levels and so on and so forth. You get my meaning, right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by