Hen acting like Rooster

We had a hen that crowed in it's adolecence, but it grew out of it. How old is your girl, and has it layed any eggs yet?

Last edited:
Are you sure it's a hen? We ordered all pullets. My daughter kept taking one out of the brooder saying it was such a dominate hen.......well, that dominate hen ended up being a surprise roo.
roll.png

I had never heard about a hen crowing until I found BYC. Seems like a lot of members have hens that crow.

I love this site....learn something new all the time.

Quote:
The bird is about 6 months old. I don't know if she is laying yet or not. I have 5 chickens and get 3 eggs a day. A few people who have not seen the bird suggested that it's not a hen, but I am positive that it is.

I have a hen which is about a year old that recently started crowing. She lays eggs too, so don't tell me I can't tell the difference. I already sent all my roosters to the 'rooster farm' to live out their lives. It sounds like a rooster when they first get their voice. She also is the top of the pecking order and will jump on the hens like a rooster would. Very funny to watch. Just hope she doesn't get any louder or I'll have the code enforcement police on my back again.

Back
Top Bottom