Hen acts like she has brain damage?

crzychickenlady

Songster
12 Years
Jan 31, 2007
I had a hen that I found caught between the dog house and the pen, I got her out and she couldn't stand up.

Brought her in and checked her over, she has no visible injuries or broken bones.

I let her rest in a kennel overnight, and she is eating and drinking fine, but she will only eat yogurt.

I took her to the vet this morning and she checked her over as well and found nothing wrong with her. The vet said to give her a few days and if she doesn't improve to bring her back and she will do x-rays on her.

This is just so puzzling......

Now she lays on her side and will act normal, but sometimes she will roll her head back and tip over.

I made a sling so that she can be upright inside the kennel and her feet can hang down, in hopes that she would work her legs and maybe try to stand up. (she has feeling in her legs, pulls back when pinched)

Does anyone have any suggestions, or had the same issue?

She was fine until we found her stuck yesterday.

I'm going through the same thing with my BRLW roo, Hotwing. He went to the vet yesterday and was given a shot of vitamins, steroids and antibiotics. He's currently trying to stand up on his own (he hasn't stood up in days and days) so it seems to have helped.
What type of bird is this?

Back
Top Bottom