Hen and chick

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Vcomb, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Earlier this year I free ranged a bunch of game pullets and I thought everyone had finished hatching a long time ago. But then this hen comes into the yard with one chick. The chick was hatched out soo late, I'd like to see the chick and hen go to someone else cause I don't want to try to winter a bird that young. The chick hatched out about the second week of August.

Hen is a yellow leg wheaton colored gamehen. These make great mothers or free-range chickens. Very weather hardy. The father of this chick is a half bantam columbian wyandotte half bantam white polish.

The hen and chick are free! Just come pick them up, or if you want them shipped pay the shipping and box fee.

Thanks!

2. chicken farmer meigs

chicken farmer meigs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Florence Mt.
    Where are you located? I am intrested in them maybe.

3. Vcomb

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Northeastern Nebraska, bout an 1 1/2 hr. from Sioux City, IA I'll post pics shortly.

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    How much would shipping be?

5. Vcomb

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    sorry no longer available. went up to take pics just in time to see a cat run off with the chick. apparently the hen dug down enough when creating a bowl to dust in that she made a hole to get out of and of course the hen found it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by