Hen and Roo having disagreement/????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kellim, Jul 1, 2008.

1. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    My hen and roo Silver Seabrights have been confined to a 3 by 3 cage in my laundry room for about 3 days because they have been sick and receiving medicine around the clock. They are a little over a year old. They have been raised together and are inseperable. I noticed today that apparantly they are both feeling better because they are fighting? She will walk in front of him and flip her tail, he will pay no mind to her because he still doesn't feel well, she keeps doing things like this, she will walk up under his tail, she will lower her head and look up at him while making a throaty noise, etc....well then if he doesn't pay attention to her she gets mad and jumps on him! He then puffs up and makes this little throaty noise. What is going on???

edited because I forgot to finish the title lol

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    she may want to breed with him. or she wants to play.

3. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure and I certainly didn't want to overlook something that could bad! lol Thanks!

4. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    No problem! [​IMG] I plan on getting some Golden Sebrights myself so once I do we could swap info [​IMG]

5. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    That would be great! Mine are soooo sweet together, I can't wait for them to have babies!

6. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    lol yea same here. I had another post asking if the hens ever went broody. Not very many do but somebody's has, I forget his/her name. I'm getting silkies too as a back up and I think they're cute [​IMG]

The person's name is SundowWaterfowl. She commented on my post. She breeds Silver Sebrights too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  7. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I also have Silkies lol. Male and and a female. We got two a few months ago but they are only about 3 months old, too early I think to lay for me! They are sooo funny to watch. We have one that likes to hop everwhere lol she is cute.

8. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    really? I plan on getting two pullets. I hope they're just as friendly. [​IMG] but then again what silkie is NOT? [​IMG]

9. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    My silkies were a little nippy when I first got them. I think they were just scared because of the new surroundings. Now they aren't. The little Roo thinks he is 10 foot tall and bulletproof when he sees our other 3 month old roos lol.

10. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    [​IMG] they sure are "cocky" aren't they [​IMG] what color are your silkies? I want to get white ones. And since I've never seen a silkie in real life, are they as big as Sebrights? I've seen sebrights at a friend's house and they were tiny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by