1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HEN and ROOSTER LOOKING for HOME

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sa Tu, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Sa Tu

Sa Tu Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I am not experienced with forum-ing, so please forgive my unintentional fowl-ups. I am in middle Tennessee. I have a Rhode Island Red rooster, "Roeder", and his companion hen, "Mamie", who are beloved pets and friends. We are going to be away a lot, and can't keep them. Sob. They are 1 and a half years old, Mamie does not lay. They are very sociable with people, but Roeder does have occasional bouts of moderate aggression, so needs an experienced and patient hand, sometimes. Mostly, he will eat out of your hand and likes to be with you. They follow us around like dogs. I am looking for a home where they are free ranging by day, and nicely cooped by night, and living with someone who loves and appreciates chickens. No stewpots, please.
    Thank you, Sa Tu

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hi and welcome to BYC.
    I wish I was closer so I could give your pair a home.
    You may want to contact a forum administrator or moderator - their names are highligted at the bottom of the main index screen - about moving this thread to a more appropriate section.
    Good luck to you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by