1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen being pecked on--new chickens--ADVICE PLEASE--UPDATE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by waghmg, Mar 17, 2011.

1. waghmg

waghmg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2011
    Got some blue-Kote for Daisy to put on her neck and have put it on her. Her bottom is also raw but was not able to get much on that part. Those other hens just got her coming and going!! Really not funny. [​IMG].

She still seems happy, though, especially when we go to see her. How long does it take things to heal?

Hope we can work things out somehow. It's getting rather complicated, but we are going to try to follow some of the advice you guys gave. Thanks again for all the info!

Holly

2. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    I would separate her for a while until she heals. The others can kill her and it's possible they are bullying her when she is eating or trying to drink. It will only make her more sick and rundown.

3. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I would do the same, but put her in a cage w/in the coop, if at all possible. That way, you don't have to "reintroduce" her to the flok when she's better. That's what I've done in the past with great success. Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by