Hen can't walk :(

peckyclucky

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Hi Everybody....I am seeking advice. My 2 year-old Buff Orpington hen can't walk. She's been spending several weeks mostly sitting outside. When I put her on her feet, she would take a few steps and then sit back down. Her appetite is find. There does not appear to be anything wrong with her legs, no sores, nothing obviously broken. Lately she's gotten worse. When I stand her on her feet, she immediately collapses, and has poop on herself. Last night the poor thing couldn't make it into the coop without help.

Does anybody know what to do? The other chickens don't seem to be picking on her and I'm worried that moving her inside (where it's warmer) will be very stressful on her.

thanks!

How is she doing ? I had a hen like that. she was paralyzed for over a week!. I made sure she drank water and eat some cantaloupe. I didnt want her to starve alone ! I think mine was caused by food poisoning, I had to throw the bag of feed away. I let her sit against the wall when I can't hold her all day. Today is is fine and walking well (Happened last summer)

Back
Top Bottom