1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen Concerns - Eye, Sleeping A Lot, Etc.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by monica3108, Aug 27, 2016.

1. monica3108

monica3108 New Egg

Feb 3, 2015
    I am looking for any advice on my hen. She is a Millie Fleur, about 2 1/2 years old. I have two other bantams as well who seem okay. They all recently have been treated for lice and it has seemed to be taken care of. The hen in question also recently recovered from limping. I am not sure what happened there, but after a week or so she seemed okay. She is now siting around a lot sleeping and kind of slowly moving her head back and forth. She get out of the coop and into the run and even goes outside the run when I have it open all on her own. She eats normally, and drinks normally, but she stands around sleeping frequently. She is also having some issue with her eyes, she looks at me strange, and I looked closer at her eyes, I noticed one is normal and one is kind of gray, see attached photos. She hasn't laid an egg in quite a while, this first stoped laying durning the winter, which seemed normal,but then she never started laying again. She seemed healthy other wise, and happy and playing like normal. I would really appreciate any advise!! I want her to feel better!![​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. monica3108

monica3108 New Egg

Feb 3, 2015
    I will also mention that one of my other hens, a silkie, has had a condition where she is temporarily paralyzed now and then. She has been this way since she was young. So I think that is a type of Mareks. No other problems. Thanks in advance for your help!!

3. monica3108

monica3108 New Egg

Feb 3, 2015
    She is now also doing a weird thing where she acts like she is crowing, but is silent! Please help, I am concerned about her!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by