Hen crowing please advise! NEW PICS ADDED Please have a look

Kiwiheather

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
I rescued 2 two week old chicks 3 months ago. The other day I saw the girl trying to crow? I am so beside myself. They look very different to me but I don't have a lot of experience. I was told here they were bantam Cochins, she is dull, buff colored and has a large wattle and comb and a rounded fluffy tail. He is shiny, darker with a pointy tail that sticks up. Same size comb, no wattle to speak of. He has more feathers on his legs. If it is two Roos will they fight? Should I get a hen ? Is one enough? Sorry for the questions, I have no idea what to do now! I really love them and wanted babies
sad.png
I will try and get decent pics tomorrow but for now here is one from about 5 weeks ago.. Any advice I appreciate!

Both
104244_both.jpg

ROO?
104244_roo.jpg

HEN?
104244_hen2.jpg

104244_hen.jpg

104244_r2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I will try to get better pics in the morning, using my iPhone and can't seem to get them bigger! Sorry..

The pics are small, but it looks like you have a d'uncle (sp? Sorry never had them) and buff Cochin. Both of them look like roosters to me. If they live together in a bachelor pad (i.e. no ladies) they would probably be fine. Goof luck!

It looks like they are both cockerels. Could you get a close up of the back to show saddle feathers? Like between the wings and further back? Just for confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom