Hen doing a beyonce

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by deliaboodle, Sep 19, 2011.

1. deliaboodle

deliaboodle New Egg

Aug 3, 2011
    Sounds funny and at first i thought Harriet was dancing like beyonce but now im wondering if she has something wrong.

She keeps parting her wings slightly and then gyrating her neck round in a circle, she seems happy in herself, eating fine, resting and going up to roost as normal but shes been doing this for a couple of days now and im worried she might have something stuck in her throat!!

Ive only had chickens for 5 months and im totally new to this, what should i do?

[​IMG]

Any feedback would be great thanks
    Delia

2. pipsqueekPDX

pipsqueekPDX Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Portland
    i am also new to chick raising, so I'm not sure what could be wrong....but your post caught my eye because my chick also dances like beyonce... we named her after the Diva herself. Best of luck with Harriet!

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Get us a video if you can.

4. ladrholman

ladrholman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Musquodoboit
    are you sure it is a she and not a he??? Could be showing off for the hens if a roo....

5. deliaboodle

deliaboodle New Egg

Aug 3, 2011
    hi Thanks all, i took her to the vets, she has an impacted crop and looks like its going to be an ongoing problem for her that she will live with as the vet said, i have to massage her twice a day to try and help things along but i dont know what im doing!! poor little Harriet, she doesnt seem bothered by it but i just hope shes ok.

Thankjs again

6. ladrholman

ladrholman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Musquodoboit
    I had 2 hens that got impacted crops. Ended up doing surgery and they recovered. One ended up with crop stasis from it. She would reimpact so I tried one of the crop bras you can order... this worked really well. Held the crop up and helped with emptying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by