HEN EATING VERY LESS!!!

My baby roosters

In the Brooder
Nov 17, 2021
Sri Lanka
I have this hen, she is about 4-5 yes old. She usually have less appetite compared to other hens but it looks her appetite keeps decreasing day by day. She eats very less. She does not weigh much also. As soon as she eats,she wants to return to her home. She shows no sign of sickness. She seems healthy, lays eggs,plays in the sand,runs. But she does not eat well and want to return to her nest all the time. What could be the reason?

I have this hen, she is about 4-5 yes old. She usually have less appetite compared to other hens but it looks her appetite keeps decreasing day by day. She eats very less. She does not weigh much also. As soon as she eats,she wants to return to her home. She shows no sign of sickness. She seems healthy, lays eggs,plays in the sand,runs. But she does not eat well and want to return to her nest all the time. What could be the reason?
She could be broody.
How does she act when you try to take her from her nest? Does she puff up, peck or bite you if you reach under her, growl or screech when you try to touch her? Does she cluck, cluck, cluck when walking around the other birds?

She could be broody.
How does she act when you try to take her from her nest? Does she puff up, peck or bite you if you reach under her, growl or screech when you try to touch her? Does she cluck, cluck, cluck when walking around the other birds?
No she doesnt. She runs for her food but eats very less finally.

Back
Top Bottom