1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen Got Loose!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by djackjr, Nov 11, 2009.

1. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I had a hen escape while I was working on the run, she is deep in the blackberry bushes no way to get to her. I locked up the rest of the chickens in the coop and have left the run door open. I hope she will at least make it back to the run so I can catch her... Stupid chicken!!!

2. shaggy

shaggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Orange, Texas
    water hose [​IMG]

or a long stick to shoo her out

3. Barry

Barry Chillin' With My Peeps

Leave her alone until it gets dark. If she has not come in before that on her own, get a flashlight and she should be real easy to catch then.

4. mossy_oak23

mossy_oak23 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    there is thick thick bush right beside my coop and when i open the door they run in there and climb around in the trees like a natural roost. The only way I can get them out (which I only need to do in the middle of day...they will go back to there coop roost at night) is smash sticks around in there. Basically herd her out than chase her around til she goes in the coop. Easier said than done though especially with 6 at a time.

5. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    She is bedded down in the middle of the stupid blackberries, I cannot get to her at the moment.....Oh well she will get hungry or hear the others and find her way out I hope. Will check again in a hr see if she has moved...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by