hen HAD impacted crop-wasfined-now wont eat-HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DaniLovesChickens, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DaniLovesChickens

DaniLovesChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Michigan
    I have a 23-week old ISA pullet. She had an impacted crop. I gave her small amounts of wet mash with oil and oil orally for about 4 days and it cleared up. Spent a couple of days getting her back to eating normally before I put her back in with her friends. We bought grit since we figure that a rock was probably the culprit. [​IMG]

A couple of days ago, she seemed a little tired - not quite herself. Yesterday I noticed her crop was completely empty - it felt like an airbag![​IMG] I have her back in the cage so I can monitor her closely. She won't eat hardly anything at all, not even a scrambled egg! They love [​IMG] scrambled eggs! She is really tired. Her crop still feels like a balloon.

Does anyone know what's going on? I really don't know. I don't know what to do to try and get her to eat either. Usually the problem is getting a chicken to NOT eat something! I've tried a little bit of this and a little bit of that yesterday and today.

[​IMG] Dani

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by