Hen Harassment

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MichiganWoods, Mar 22, 2009.

1. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    Meet Blondie. This is the (EE) rooster we decided to keep.

[​IMG]

He spends most of his time chasing the hens around the yard. They get annoyed with him and often find places to hide. Such as the roof of my husband's car. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blondie will proceed to crow, annoyed, at the hen. The hen in turn just sits there staring down at him before realizing she can see quite a lot from her perch.

[​IMG]

And yes, she did leave a present for my husband on his windshield. [​IMG]

She finally caught a break and went back over to join her friend, Lucy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    lol that's cute. I don't blame her for running from the rooster - we all have had enough crap from men from time to time.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cute pics. Pretty birds! [​IMG]
    My hens do the same thing. They know Thor can't fit thru the holes in the yard fence and they can; so guess where they like to hang out?

4. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    LadyShred, [​IMG] so true.

Thanks, gritsar! Love your roo's name! [​IMG] - Does he hollar at the hens when he can't reach 'em?

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:He walks around the perimeter of the yard, crowing non-stop AND he tries to trick them. He picks up just any old thing - leaves, scraps of paper, etc. - then makes his treat noise trying to get the hens to come to him. The hens used to fall for it, but they finally wised up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by