Hen has no balance, hard to walk, going in circles.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by juliej1, Nov 17, 2010.

1. juliej1

juliej1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2009
    Hello, my 1.5 year old plymouth rock was fine until yesterday. She is molting, but otherwise has seemed healthy. She has trouble walking, seeming to loose her balance and having no control. She ends up going in circles because she can't control where she wants to go. Her eyes seem bright and she did eat this morning. I have 10 other girls which all seem fine. Any ideas?

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Needs vitaman E maybe? or a nerve issue? I had drunk chickens with Vitamin deficency and I had a polish with an issue cuz he fell and had some nerve-nerilogical(sp) issues. mareks is a posibility but I would start with vitiman E and B but make sure you seperate her. Hope she gets better fast!

3. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    try the vitamin B12 and E treatment, can't hurt, seems to help cure some walking issues that occue in hens when they are vitamin deficient

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

If that doesn't help I would try antibiotics in case of an ear infection. You may or may not be able to see signs by looking at the ear.

5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    How are your birds doing/ Its been a few days. Any change? Hope so.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by