Hen has swolen head pls help (PICS ADDED)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ShortCircuitRanch2332, May 4, 2011.

1. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    One of my OEG has a VERY swolen head what is this caused by she go it yesterday I ice packed it and put cool rags it was so bad shE couldn't breath I had to hold her beak open after about an hou of ice packs it went down to were she could breath but it hasn't gone down anymore overnight her skin is RED but it doesn't seem to cause her pain PLEASE someone let me know what this is and hi to fix I if it is fixable

Ok let me make a update there is some seepage from her mouth also shes having a VERY hard time eating its like she cant open and close her mouth
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. The Tinman

The Tinman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Fairfield County CT
    You should post a pic so people can get a better idea of what might be going on. Could she have gotten bitten by a bug or something? Do you think it might be infected? Is she eating/drinking/pooping/walking/sleepy?

3. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    were on her head? around the eyes and beak could be a sinus infection, look it up in the search lots of info there

4. ShortCircuitRanch2332

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    HAHA ill do my best to get pics shes a feisty one it took about an hour to get her yesterday but I have no idea I would figgure if it was a bite we wouldnt be going on 2 days of swelling and if it was thats alot of poison? she acts completly fine she eats free ranges flys poos ill describe it to you all for now till I can get a pic her skin is red her comb waddles are swolen from her neck up is swolen it reminds me of the girl from willie wonka that swelled up like a blueberry but red and only her head [​IMG] hope this helps some Ill try and get pics ASAP

No I dont think its sinus its her WHOLE head and there is no 'weeping' or seepage like described [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  5. ShortCircuitRanch2332

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    BUMP!
    anyone? I need some help here PLEASE [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by