Hen hasnt started laying yet

LegbarMama

Songster
Mar 17, 2021
I have 4 red sex link hens that i got at the same time and from the same place. 3 have been laying for more than a month now but this girl hasn't. Her comb has also not turned red and developed like the other have. I assume they are all the same age bc they were the same size when I got them and they seem to be around the same age. Any ideas as to why she hasn't started laying yet?
20230214_160345.jpg

They all eat together and I feed them layer crumbles, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and whatever other veggies we have left over.

I know this might sound silly, but could she be laying in a hiding place? Is there anywhere that she might hide and lay?
She would have a big clutch if that was right, so I think probably not.

I know this might sound silly, but could she be laying in a hiding place? Is there anywhere that she might hide and lay?
She would have a big clutch if that was right, so I think probably not.
Honestly she could be laying eggs anywhere, they free range and everyday is Easter here. We usually find eggs in the barn or in the bushes somewhere in the yard. I did get 4 eggs today although only 3 have been laying, so it's a possibility that she is laying and I just haven't caught her yet.

Honestly she could be laying eggs anywhere, they free range and everyday is Easter here. We usually find eggs in the barn or in the bushes somewhere in the yard. I did get 4 eggs today although only 3 have been laying, so it's a possibility that she is laying and I just haven't caught her yet.

Okay that makes more sense, them being free-range!! She might just be a shy-layer!

Back
Top Bottom