Hen Haven...Southern Style...Updated Pics..Trenching Water Line, More

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Aug 8, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hey all, for those that asked to keep the pics coming here are the latest. Finally got back from Georgia on recent trip helping to build an animal shelter called "Build an Ark" with about 500 volunteers from around U.S. Great trip. Rented trencher Sat. morning and got down to running trench for water and power form house to coop. Here is result.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/69010_coop_trenching_water_004.jpg[/img][/URL]
    Thats me running trench from gate to coop...will be for aut gate opener and water.

[​IMG]
    Enlisted help of " big friend" who is running trencher from inside coop to house. will supply water to covered run area.

[​IMG]
    Finished product. Trench done. 1'' water line run today, covered, spread gravel in covered run area....installed sink, hose and tied water into chicken nipples. Love the automation and ease of clean up by having everything right outside of coop.

2. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Sorry, first phot missing. Here it is.[​IMG]
    Getting aclimated to using trencher.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by