hen hiding rooster!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Coopedup:p, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Coopedup:p

Coopedup:p Chillin' With My Peeps

well i noticed today that the hens really like to be around the rooster. they both like to hide under him. they put their heads down and was right into him and almost half their body is gone! haha. i was wondering what that ment.... show of affection, or is it a bad thing... i have never seen a chicken do that b4.

2. Ken H

Ken H Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Must like his aftershave.

3. Coopedup:p

haha. nice. well they seen to be making little nest and stuff. idk if they will lay soon. but they were at their old coop. its been a week. i will let them wait a little longer. haha. but they follow him everywhere like hes mama duck and they are the following babys. haha

4. missfitch

missfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Marysville Ohio
    its like teenage girls with a major crush, tell him to treat them good!!! [​IMG]

5. Coopedup:p

he does. i had to put them on the roost and i spaced them apart. and the rooster just sat there... and the hens just waddled over to him haha. it was so funny! haha:lol:[​IMG]

6. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I have a few girls who MUST roost next to their Giant Rooster boyfriend every night. They fight over the spots next to him! Surprisingly 1 of the girls about halfway down the pecking order usually wins. She just really really wants to sit with him [​IMG]

7. Coopedup:p

they both race to him. haha. but they r nice and warm. i just had to put the guineas outside of the coop tonight. so the hens and rooster have the whole coop for a white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by