1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen House Deluxe -finally posting pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by urbanolive, Nov 19, 2009.

1. urbanolive

urbanolive Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    asheville,nc
    Everyone says their coop is 99% done, well mine is 99% done too ! We still need to put up more daytime play roosts, hang the permanent fancy feeders, and install the iron shutter brackets on the windows. Most everything is recycled except for some rough sawn lumber , a few 2 x 4's and the screen- we probably spent no more than $200 total which leaves us money to buy the organic feed! I drew up the design on a napkin and my wonderful general contractor of a husband made it come to life. Notice the pre-existing swing, it now swings way out over the top of the coop...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Beautiful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. urbanolive

urbanolive Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    asheville,nc
    Thanks! Our only regret is that we didn't make it closer to the house, it is quite a walk down to the coop... when I finally got DH to agree on getting chickens he said he didn't want to see, hear, or smell any dang chickens! Of course as he built he got more and more into the idea and just adores them ! Now to convince him to let me get guineas next spring...

4. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Wow, that IS a gorgeous coop! And in a beautiful part of the country- my parents are in Asheville also!

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    Very nice...

[​IMG]

6. Ernie

Ernie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Amazing! That looks really nice!

7. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, my! What a beautiful home for your lovely mixed flock! I'm green with envy! Its a work of art you and your husband can be quite proud of!!! Adorable daughter, too!

Ummm, about the guineas. If your husband didn't want to 'hear' chickens, double think the guineas. I've never owned them, but as a kid I used to stay over night at a friend's house and they had close neighbors with guineas. They were quite noisy. Way more than chickens. At least that's my experience.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm in love with it!

I wish I had that much room. You are so blessed!

9. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Nice!!! I like the rustic look. If you really want it closer to the house, just let me know. I'll come get it and make sure that I only put it about 30' from the house...LOL.

Marty

10. woodenart

woodenart Out Of The Brooder

I particulary like the windows [​IMG]

Mark.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by