Hen injured by a male duck!

Mar 25, 2023
I have gotten this hen from my neighbor. They told me she got attack by a male duck. She is not moving. She has drank a lot of water. I'm worried she may not live. Any help?

Attachments

• 20230325_120940_HDR.jpg
    20230325_120940_HDR.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 14
Does she have any wounds on her back or elsewhere? Clean those with saline, Betadine, or chlorhexidene and apply plain Neosporin ointment. If she is in shock, offer electrolytes, gatorade, or sugar water. Keep her in a dim quiet place. Wet chicken feed and egg are good as well to offer. She may have a back or leg injury. Try to look for any green bruising or swelling around her back, hips, and legs. Time will tell if she will be able to stand and get around, or have difficulty. She might have internal injuries that may take time to heal or she might not live. Please let us know how she is doing in a bit.

Does she have any wounds on her back or elsewhere? Clean those with saline, Betadine, or chlorhexidene and apply plain Neosporin ointment. If she is in shock, offer electrolytes, gatorade, or sugar water. Keep her in a dim quiet place. Wet chicken feed and egg are good as well to offer. She may have a back or leg injury. Try to look for any green bruising or swelling around her back, hips, and legs. Time will tell if she will be able to stand and get around, or have difficulty. She might have internal injuries that may take time to heal or she might not live. Please let us know how she is doing in a bit.
She didn't had any wounds. The last few days she still couldn't walk. Sadly she passed away yesterday :(

Back
Top Bottom