Hen Invited Herself to Dinner

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wefanjr, Apr 18, 2008.

1. wefanjr

wefanjr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2007
    MA
    Got a call today from my frantic wife. There was a chicken in our Dining Room!! Stupid me apparently left coup door unlocked this morning. They were out all day until my wife let the dog out. They must have ran for thier lives, 2 flew over the fence to the neighbors' yard. The other got stuck behind the coup. And one somehow found her way onto the porch, into my sunroom, then the dining room, on her way to the kitchen. Then hid from the dog under my son's jumpie. Got them all back in coup just in time, there was a hawk soaring overhead. Luckily they are all safe and sound, and my wife is still laughing.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    How funny! At least they are all safe. I bet they all had some ruffles in their tail feathers once you got them all back in the coop! LOL

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

You should name her Goldilocks - the spot to hide is "just right" none of the other s were smart enough to figure it out...the sun room too bright, the dining room to formal - the kitchen....just right!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by