hen is sick

Debwiregal

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2021
Washington county Tn
my 20 week old hen os sick with diarrhea and pale comb. treated with corid now treating for yeast infection due to the yellow and white paste stuck on her butt. i dont know for sure what she really has. first time chicken mom.

Has she started laying? The yellow stuff on her butt could be an egg that broke inside her. This is serious, and can be deadly.

Get her vent cleaned up. Look to see if her vent has any maggots crawling around it or inside. That is flystrike, also serious and can be deadly.

Post some pictures of your pullet (at 20 weeks, she's still a pullet, not a hen), her vent, and her poop.

Has she started laying? The yellow stuff on her butt could be an egg that broke inside her. This is serious, and can be deadly.

Get her vent cleaned up. Look to see if her vent has any maggots crawling around it or inside. That is flystrike, also serious and can be deadly.

Post some pictures of your pullet (at 20 weeks, she's still a pullet, not a hen), her vent, and her poop.
sorry yes shes a a

sorry yes shes a a
sorry yes she is a 20 week old pullet she did lay an egg two days ago. egg looked good. have been treating with monistat, started yesterday. the gunk seems better. i washed her and cut the feathers that i could not get clean. starting to have more solid instead of watery poo. she hasnt eaten, but mixed up mash and electrolytes with vitamins. hopefully its was a yeast thing. she is still very alert but still quite pale.

Can you post a picture of her droppings? Is the white urates part yellow, or is the poop itself yellow? Is her lower belly enlarged compared to others? How does her crop feel now and again in the early morning before she has eaten?

Can you post a picture of her droppings? Is the white urates part yellow, or is the poop itself yellow? Is her lower belly enlarged compared to others? How does her crop feel now and again in the early morning before she has eaten?
I'll post a picture later when I get home Her crop is empty because she isn't eating. Her belly seems to be normal size. its either from the heat or yeast.

Back
Top Bottom