Hen lethargic, eyes shut, head movement side to side

NikkiBrantley59

Hatching
Jun 25, 2019
Hello everyone,
I'm heartbroken that my year old buff orpington is very ill and I'd like some help please. 2 days ago, she was acting very withdrawn from my group of birds. She was just standing alone in the corner of the coop with her eyes closed. I figured she was sick so I separated her from the others. She is now worse. She doesn't seem to want to walk and when she does, it's not very well; She seems wobbly. She just lays on the floor and her head tilts from side-to-side very slowly. She keeps her head and neck drawn close to the body as it bobs from side to side. She doesn't want to eat or drink and she keeps her eyes shut very tightly. She seems dazed and unaware of what's going on around her. She was vaccinated as a chick so I don't think she has those diseases. None of the other chickens are sick so I don't think it is a highly contagious sickness we're dealing with. She has no other symptoms, but I think she is very ill and I want to help her as fast as I can. I will greatly appreciate any help and advice. Thank you.
Pic of my sick girl included

I know this was few years ago now but I am wondering if you ever found out what was wrong with her? I have a chicken exhibiting the same symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom