Hen limping and its my fault. Help

Kojack

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
Independence
I left a string tied to the ceiling of the coop. My son tied the end of the string to the roost. Sometime today one of my girls got her feet hung up in the string and was hanging upside down when my son got home after school. She is now laying down. she will get up and drink and she will eat treats but I am worried that she may not have feeling in her toes. When I pick her up I don't feel anything broken and she bends the leg at the joint. She grabs hold of my fingers with her good foot but does not move the toes on the leg she is favoring. Any thoughts?

She may have lost circulation due to the string cutting off the blood flow. Keep her calm and check for her toes to turn black of cold. Maybe you can try to rub the area in improve circulation.

I rubbed her feet...(wow I'm rubbing chicken feet, My wife would kill for that) anyway I rubbed her bad foot but I don't think she could feel it cuz there was no movement nor were there any complaints from her. ( the chicken)... I feel awful, I don't know how long she was tangled up. she is calm and still hanging with the other girls and they are being nice to her. I just don't want her to have to lose a foot. We don't have vets here who work on chickens. (Although you would think so, I mean we just outlawed cock fighting and somebody would have to work on those birds huh?)

Back
Top Bottom