Hen lost voice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ponie, Feb 9, 2016.

1. ponie

ponie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2015
    Hi all , one year old normally chatty hen has lost her voice . Not much than a squeak and a low cluck now. I had her on tylan 50 for a week and she is no better or worse . No other issues such as runny nose cough bubbly eyes and has normal poops. Also eating well. So i now started a oxine mist through a vaporizer 3 times a day for 15 minute sessions hoping this will kill any fungus if present. She has been brought in the house also since she is a only chicken till spring . It's been very cold and snowy here in the northeast and she has no buddy to cuddle up with at night. Any suggestions advice and help would be appreciated !

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry, I'm no expert on these things, but you seem to have done all that is reasonably possible IMO. I'm sure other members will be along soon to help out.

All the best and good luck

CT

4. ponie

ponie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2015
    Thank you ! I know, I feel I've done everything ! But I'm hoping someone else has more experience than I do and perhaps knows what else Could be done . That you for the support [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could post in fullest detail at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. They may have more advice to offer than we do. I'm sure she is loving her time as a house chicken.
    Give her a stuffed animal to cuddle, and maybe even a mirror, so she doesn't think she is alone. Luckily most chickens are not scholars

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

The emergency forum should be able to help you out, I've never experienced this myself. Since she is an "only" it's nice you have her inside where she has some company.

Good luck to you and your girl!

7. ponie

ponie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2015
    Thank for the advice , I actually did have this originally posted on emergency thread . I was advised to start this one. Well at this point I believe I've done all I can for her. As long as she's not getting worse and still has normsl behavior I'll just wait and see . Thanks again for the support and I think the mirror and stuffed animal suggestion is great !

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. ponie

ponie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2015
    Thank you ! Update, lovely Lola has her voice back[​IMG] I think the oxine in vaporizer worked. Thank you all again .

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

:celebrate That's great news! So happy to hear that! :ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by