Hen lying huge eggs

borrow53

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 6, 2013
england
One of my hens has laid 2 huge double yoked eggs this week, is it normal for a chicken to lay such big eggs? Normal size of our eggs is about 2inches, these eggs are about 3inches and almost 2inches wide?

In my limited experience, I think they'll be fine. Sometimes there is a hiccup in the egg development process but they can handle it. I've been looking at the abnormal egg picture thread, informative! I've had tiny eggs, huge eggs, eggs just in the membrane with no shell. But most of the time - normal eggs.

In my limited experience, I think they'll be fine. Sometimes there is a hiccup in the egg development process but they can handle it. I've been looking at the abnormal egg picture thread, informative! I've had tiny eggs, huge eggs, eggs just in the membrane with no shell. But most of the time - normal eggs.

I have two hens (Marans) that only lay huge eggs. But my leghorns do on occasion as well and keep laying without a problem after them. I've got three leghorns and I get two to three white eggs a day :). I think your girl will be okay!

Back
Top Bottom