hen mated 2 roos

chickengr

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
my pullet has always been with 1 cockerel and yesterday she escaped to another run. I don't know if she mated there as the pullets overthere are a bit aggressive and don't like newcomers. in case she did mate once that cockerel how many eggs can be fertilized by him and for how many days? she was in another run for max 30 minutes.

Not sure if, or how successful the mating was. You can check egg fertility by cracking one open - if there's a whitish bullseye in the yolk, then its likely to be fertile (search here on BYC for photos to give you an idea of what to look for).

Fertility can last at least a couple of weeks - i do recall reading about this on BYC a while ago. Again, maybe search for threads here and I'm sure you'll find a more accurate answer.

All the best
CT

Not sure if, or how successful the mating was. You can check egg fertility by cracking one open - if there's a whitish bullseye in the yolk, then its likely to be fertile (search here on BYC for photos to give you an idea of what to look for).

Fertility can last at least a couple of weeks - i do recall reading about this on BYC a while ago. Again, maybe search for threads here and I'm sure you'll find a more accurate answer.

All the best
CT

her eggs are fertile by bcm cockerel. I just don't know what chicks I might get as she might have mated both bcm and rumpless araucana cockerel (they both are fertile). I wouldn't mind some olive eggers but I do want some pure bcm. I guess I am asking too much as there is no guarantee in this case. I'd better try to get some pure bcm eggs, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom