Hen needed for a B-day gift :) CT, MA, NH

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Meoser, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Meoser

Meoser Hatching

Jun 10, 2008
    To Whom it May Concern:

My cousin is in the process of building her first chicken coop. She wants a variety of laying hens/pets. Not being a chicken person myself, I have done some research and really like the silkie and frizzle varieties. Although I am open to other breeds that are docile and tame.

I am looking for only one as a birthday gift.

She lives in NH and I live in NYC. I am planning on driving to NH some time in the near future. I would like to find a place along the drive. I.e. CT, MA, or NH.

Please tell me if you have any hens/pullets available and if you do not any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Warm Regards,

Melissa

2. You've come to the right place, but it's my understanding that chickens don't like to be solitaries. Can you get two?

ETA: Your cousin is blessed with a great cousin! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. Meoser

Meoser Hatching

Jun 10, 2008
    Hello:

Thanks for posting.

My cousin has one already. I am not certain of the breed, but apparently it is super friendly. she already has a name: "Martha Washington". She is the first in the line as all the new chickens will be named after first ladies. Mainly to teach her daughter about the presidents.

The Chicken I get will certainly not be alone.

Thanks a lot!

Melissa

4. monty617

monty617 In the Brooder

Apr 12, 2008
    Lancaster, MA
    I am in the Worcester MA area and giving away 2 one day old Buff Orpington chicks (06/13/08) that may fit your need. They are a docile breed and good layers. If I do not get takers in the next day or so they are up for grabs. Let me know.

5. Quote:That is SO COOL! I love the naming idea! I hope I didn't offend you.

6. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Songster

May 8, 2008
    Monty617 I'm SO JEALOUS of anyone who gets your 2 kids! I'm in NJ but I swear if I were a little closer ..... We do have a weekend summer house in upstate NY but I don't thing that's any closer really. Anyway I was just admiring this VERY kind of hen & they are beautiful! don't mind saying I'm tempted too. LOL

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:ROFL.......I just had to tell you, I have a little roo named George Washington. [​IMG]

8. KierBri

KierBri Songster

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    i'm in ne ct and have a white frizzle laying hen who i'll rehome. we're just not a frizzle family:)

9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Bring those hens to chickenstock, they're mine [​IMG]

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Songster

There are a quite a few MA and NH people here...where are you going in NH? Maybe you will find someone along your travel route?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: