Hen not eating or drinking!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JensChickies, Nov 4, 2014.

1. JensChickies

JensChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Ok...I am at my witts end. I do not know what's wrong with my hen. I have been tubing her food and water to keep her going. I have given her a round of baytril, treated her for coccidiosis, and wormed her with Valbazen. She has started eating her favorite treats, but I just don't know what wrong with her. She acts normal, but she's not eating. Does any body have any suggestions????? I am just stumped, I'm trying to help her, but it's not working. Her poop goes back and forth between formed and the slimy poop pictured below. Any help would be really helpful. :he

[​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would give probiotic powder if not already. Probios, and Gro2 Max are good for poultry, used daily for 3 days, then twice a week. Also B complex vitamins will increase appetite.

3. JensChickies

Mar 26, 2014

Where do I get the B complex vitamins?

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    You can use a poultry vitamin for the water or feed from your feed store or TSC, or just dissolve a B complex tablet in her water every day. Any drug store or supermarket will carry it. The super B is higher concentration, but B vitamins are hard to overdose, since they are water soluble:

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. JensChickies

Mar 26, 2014

Thank you, I will try it. She's just not right and I don't know what's going on with her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by