1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen or Cockerel ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Homie Ducks, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Homie Ducks

Homie Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    Pakistan
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6554964/width/200/height/
    [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6554966/width/200/height/400
    I know it's easter egger just tell me the gender.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. HugHess

HugHess Chickrack Addict

Jul 14, 2014
    Go BROWNS
    Hello there,
    I am too new to hazard a guess as I am not sure of the breed or age of your chicken and the pic is limiting the usual criteria we look for when handing over any opinions...If you 'twisted' my arm I might say Pullet/Hen but I can't see 'her' legs very well...both the comb and most of the 'waddle' are out of view...they will want to see feathering on the back wings and back side feathers and probably tail (I am still learning)...they can get pretty detailed with what they look for and or someone could look at this picture and whip over an answer! But I do know the more pics people provide, including profile shots the more opinions they are likely to get...looking forward to seeing what they say!

Sincerely,

3. Homie Ducks

Jul 30, 2014
    Pakistan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  4. SampyArctica

SampyArctica Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    How old?

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    It's a cockerel, unless by some miracle at that size it's 5 months or more.

It's kind of a moot point, since this bird won't be laying eggs, but it doesn't really look like an EE, either. Unless it came from a colored egg, I'd just call it a mixed breed bird.

6. Homie Ducks

Jul 30, 2014
    Pakistan
    One month

7. Homie Ducks

Jul 30, 2014
    Pakistan
    I
    It's one month old.
    Thanks for your reply :)

8. Homie Ducks

Jul 30, 2014
    Pakistan
    It's comb is yellowish from ends. I am confused

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    The bird looks well feathered for being a month old - it might be better to give age in "weeks" at this point - however, as donrae has said, for anything less than 16-20 weeks that is too much comb and wattle to mean anything other than cockerel.
    While the bird does have green legs (associated with being an EE) it also has a straight comb and clean face (common EE characteristics are pea comb and facial feathering in the form of beard and/or muffs) -- perhaps this is the result of a breeding that involved an EE at some point.

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm thinking cockerel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by