Hen or Roo n breed?

I have another question. Is it unusual for roosters to crow after dark? I had one crowing last night. I checked things out and all was fine. It went on for about 10-15 mins.

I have another question. Is it unusual for roosters to crow after dark? I had one crowing last night. I checked things out and all was fine. It went on for about 10-15 mins.
My Roo crows when something is going on out there, we may not see it but something is bugging him...

You're welcome, I'm gonna invest in one of those video baby monitors that can see in the dark. Coon's, coyotes, possom's and mink's are all on the prowl around here, my neighbor's have lost alot of their flocks to these predators.

Roosters can crow anytime of the day or night whether anything is going on outside the coop or not. I've had plenty of times when my roosters would start crowing 1:00 or 2:00 AM.

[/URL]
Can anyone help. I'm new to backyard chickens. Are they roosters. And what breed
Mixed breed cockerel. Possibly something Red mixed with a buff Orpington.

Hen and two roosters, all mixed breed from what I can see.

Really Michael I had no idea. I sure hope they don't do that. I love listening to them but know my neighbors won't appreciate that. Especially because they could win that fight, since hens are all may area allows :(

Really Michael I had no idea. I sure hope they don't do that. I love listening to them but know my neighbors won't appreciate that. Especially because they could win that fight, since hens are all may area allows
sad.png

If your area doesn't allow roosters, I would strongly recommend getting rid of any roosters in your flock. Sooner or later, some cranky neighbor is going to report you to the proper authorities and you could find your entire flock threatened with removal.

Back
Top Bottom