1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen or Roo, please help me lol

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bahamabanty, Oct 30, 2015.

1. bahamabanty

bahamabanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Bahamas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its 3 chickens, a white one, a dark brown one and a spotted light brown one, thanks.. doing this from my phone .:D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    The 2nd one might be cockerel (it's hard to tell by the picture) but the rest look like pullets at this point.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I don't see anything screaming cockerel on any of them at this point, but they are all very young for trying to sex them. I would suggest re-posting their pics in about 3-4 weeks. By then their gender should be much more obvious.

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

The second one may be a cockerel based on head shape and posture, but it's too young to be certain. All the others look pretty henny at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

6. bahamabanty

bahamabanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Bahamas
    That would be awesome. I was hoping the dark brown one is a hen. Will post again in a fewweeks then if i am still confused

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think the second one may be a cockerel by posture alone but a few weeks may change that. He is the cutest little stinker.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by