1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen or Roo silver laced wyandotte?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kellynn73, Jun 8, 2016.

1. kellynn73

kellynn73 New Egg

Hi, Can someone help me determine the sex of my 7-8 week old silver laced wyandotte? The comb developed very early but has not changes color. This chick seemed much more confident and mature (but not in an aggressive way). I will have to rehome if it is a roo due to county requirements.Thanks for any input! We are new to this :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Sadly it looks like a too I'm sorry.[​IMG]

3. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

that comb size makes me think roo but the stance doesn't

4. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover!

5. kellynn73

kellynn73 New Egg

Thank you! I have already grown attached to the four we have. I hope my husband stays married to me after this little adventure :)

6. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It looks like a pullet to me but i could be wrong. My Barred Rock had a bigger comb too and even did at a fdw days old but she wound up being a girl

7. kellynn73

kellynn73 New Egg

Thank you everyone for your input. Still hoping its not a roo. I guess I will know for sure if I get a morning wake up call.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by