Hen or Rooster and What breed am I

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rmelvin23, Sep 10, 2009.

1. rmelvin23

rmelvin23 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    I do not know how old this bird is, I would guess 6 months old. Some of the feathers are missing due to the neighbors dog. No spurs, but has a little "bud" on one leg only. It crows and tries to mount the ladies, but was told it was a hen. Any help sexing and iding "it" would be greatly appreciated. thanks. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/rmelvin23/SANY0077.jpg

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    He looks Columbian Wyandote

3. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Yep, I think you have a male columbian wyandotte

4. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'll 3rd that columbian wyandotte rooster

5. rmelvin23

Jun 22, 2009
    thanks. I know that this is the wrong section, but can you eat fertalized eggs? I was in denial about the rooster issue and still have been collecting eggs. I am not going to find a fetus when I crack one open am I? thanks.

6. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    Almost all of my egggs are fertilized and we still eat them and even have requests for them at church. As long as the egg is fresh you wont find an embryo. If you find an egg that was mabey hidden and you don't know how long ago it was laid, I would discard it but thats with any egg fertile or not!

7. rmelvin23

Jun 22, 2009
    thanks. I will not freak out now. But he is going bye bye as my neighbors will not put up with his crowing for long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by