1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen or Rooster? Golden laced cochin and ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thebirdgirl, Sep 4, 2008.

1. thebirdgirl

thebirdgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Northeast, MA
    Here are some pictures of two of my chickies- I was convinced that they were both roosters a few weeks ago, but they are not getting any more "roostery" while my other 3 definite roosters are cock-a-doodling and getting a little aggressive.
    Here is my cochin, 12 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is Chicken Little, who is 14 weeks old. I'm not sure what breed he his, I adopted him from someone on BYC who had hatched him in a classroom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone can help guess what these guys are (girls?) and what breed Chicken Little is, I would appreciate it!!
    Thanks.

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Your Gold Laced Cochin looks like a pullet to me, but I'm not very familiar with Cochins. We just got our first Cochins this year, and they are only 7 weeks old. [​IMG]

Chicken Little looks like a White Plymouth Rock pullet to me. I don't have this breed either, but those feathers look rounded to me.

Hopefully, someone else with more experience will chime in....

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Looks like two teenage girls to me. [​IMG]

4. thebirdgirl

thebirdgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Northeast, MA
    That's great to hear they might be girls- I've been nervous thinking about 5 roosters!! 2 of my roos are little silver sebrites who don't bother much with anyone but I'm glad I'll probably only have 3 roosters!
    Also good to know Chicken Little is a white rock. She hangs out all of the time with my 2 pearl leghorns, funny how chickens seem to know what they look like!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by