Hen or Rooster? Golden laced cochin and ??

thebirdgirl

Chirping
15 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Northeast, MA
Here are some pictures of two of my chickies- I was convinced that they were both roosters a few weeks ago, but they are not getting any more "roostery" while my other 3 definite roosters are cock-a-doodling and getting a little aggressive.
Here is my cochin, 12 weeks old
9e7019a5.jpg

13157458.jpg

And here is Chicken Little, who is 14 weeks old. I'm not sure what breed he his, I adopted him from someone on BYC who had hatched him in a classroom.
708a66ea.jpg

23404c3c.jpg

If anyone can help guess what these guys are (girls?) and what breed Chicken Little is, I would appreciate it!!
Thanks.

Your Gold Laced Cochin looks like a pullet to me, but I'm not very familiar with Cochins. We just got our first Cochins this year, and they are only 7 weeks old.
big_smile.png

Chicken Little looks like a White Plymouth Rock pullet to me. I don't have this breed either, but those feathers look rounded to me.

Hopefully, someone else with more experience will chime in....

That's great to hear they might be girls- I've been nervous thinking about 5 roosters!! 2 of my roos are little silver sebrites who don't bother much with anyone but I'm glad I'll probably only have 3 roosters!
Also good to know Chicken Little is a white rock. She hangs out all of the time with my 2 pearl leghorns, funny how chickens seem to know what they look like!

Back
Top Bottom