1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hen or rooster??? with video

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by domromer, Jun 20, 2007.

1. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    This is cinnamon my red sussex, I think she may be a he. Please watch the video and tell me what you think.

2. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, that is ADORABLE! [​IMG]

3. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Definatly Roo!!!! Very cute... Kinda sounds like a squeeky wheel!

Chrystal in AZ

4. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    How old is Cinnamon?

5. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    Haha! How cute is that? That's what my Golden Campine started doing a few weeks ago, but his was a bit more gutteral sounding. Very odd!! He refuses to do it anymore though.

6. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    cinnamon is 5 weeks old

7. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    That is so cute!!!!! I didnt know they started crowing so young. How funny.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lcountry

lcountry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    Give him a hug! At least he's kind enough to start crowing early so that you know he's a roo! My boy, at 8 weeks, still has me guessing somewhat. The little stinker! I wish he'd just hop on the roof and crow...or (better yet) lay an egg. [​IMG] Yeah, I know it's too early...but still.

9. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a roo! My bantam roo started doing that at about three weeks, I guess they have to work all the "rust" out before they get a decent crow. [​IMG]
    Very pretty though, I love the speckled sussex coloring!

10. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I have a 5 week old silkie that was making that noise. I knew it was a roo!!! It has a larger comb, but I have read that with silkies you don't know what they are till they start laying or crowing. I have read lots of info and nothing said they could crow at 5 weeks. But that is exactly what he sounded like. Maybe a bit more high pitched. Not sure. My two 8 week old silkies go BOKBOK when I pick them up so I am guessing pullets. I do have an 8 week old roo too though that I got from someone else and his comb is way bigger than the other two. So I am pretty sure on him too. Not as hard to tell as some say or maybe I just got lucky and mine read the books on what silkies are suppose to look like at their age huh? Cinnamon (He/she) is a cutie either way!!!

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by