Hen or rooster

Chixenman1382

In the Brooder
May 2, 2017
I am new to raising chickens. I have 5 for sure hens that are a bit older and also have 7 RIR chick's 4 weeks old and noticed some of them have larger crests and pink cheeks wondering if that means they are roosters. I only want one rooster in my flock. Here is a picture of a suspected rooster. Please help. Tyia

I have 3 or 4 of 7 that look that way and equal number that have less developed crests and no pink on the chin or cheek. If I have 3 RIR hens to add to my others I would be OK with that. I have 3 back star sex link roosters which I plan on keeping one of them as my main man. Any idea if since the black star is a RIR hybrid of they can fertilize the eggs?

I have 3 or 4 of 7 that look that way and equal number that have less developed crests and no pink on the chin or cheek. If I have 3 RIR hens to add to my others I would be OK with that. I have 3 back star sex link roosters which I plan on keeping one of them as my main man. Any idea if since the black star is a RIR hybrid of they can fertilize the eggs?
Roosters don't care necessarily what breed the hen is, the will still breed with them.

Back
Top Bottom