Hen or rooster

He or rooster

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joeljct

Hatching
Aug 26, 2017
So I'm asking a dumb question if my chicken is a hen or rooster. My fathrr bought 4 chickens and I thought the two white ones were leghorns. 2 were lost to a fox about 2 months ago but my ri red nd this white one survived. The red has been laying for three weeks but nothing from the white. I don't think it's a rooster ( no big tail, no rooster calls and no jumping on backs of hens). I'm only getting brown eggs and I assume they are from the red..,but what I think if this leghorn it has a lot of brown feathers so clearly not a purebreed (agway purchase). Any thoughts why no eggs as he/he is over 6 months old.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    640 KB · Views: 14
So I'm asking a dumb question if my chicken is a hen or rooster. My fathrr bought 4 chickens and I thought the two white ones were leghorns. 2 were lost to a fox about 2 months ago but my ri red nd this white one survived. The red has been laying for three weeks but nothing from the white. I don't think it's a rooster ( no big tail, no rooster calls and no jumping on backs of hens). I'm only getting brown eggs and I assume they are from the red..,but what I think if this leghorn it has a lot of brown feathers so clearly not a purebreed (agway purchase). Any thoughts why no eggs as he/he is over 6 months old.
Looks like a mature hen just ready to lay eggs to me! I see no rooster whats so ever although she defiantly isnt a leghorn

Nice Hen!

Back
Top Bottom